Re: Re: Herobands (was Bloodlines and Factions of the Orlmarthing)

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:51:26 GMT

In message <20050414182309.60617.qmail_at_...> ALISON PLACE writes:

> Does a group of farmers need a wyter for their
>ploughing? I don't think so. Worship Barntar, and
>that's where your ploughing magic will come from.

While they don't *need* one I think a lot of carls will have a wyter, possibly in the plough. Farming is rather more important to most Heortlings than fighting - that's their source of bread and beer. Just as most Heortlings are farmers, householders, weavers, steadwives etc. most wyters relate to those activities.

>Where I really don't think you get anything requiring
>a wyter is the group of five or six who've been pals
>since forever. They may be lifelong friends, but
>wouldn't have a guardian spirit unless something very
>special happened to them. Of course, when it does,
>then they've become adventurers! ;-)

True, in this case you've no continuity. Wyters exist for longer than the lives of mortals so there needs to be something more than a group of friends.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/