Death ducks in da Noows

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:49:03 +1000

On the cover of the latest Sydney Morning Herald 'Good Weekend' (its freebie weekend colour magazine):

a photo of fluffy liddle yellow duckling, all a waddle with big soft black eyes, and a (ahem) splash which reads

QUACK QUACK YOU"RE DEAD HOW ONE VILLAGE DUCK COULD WIPE OUT MILLIONS  You can imagine my reaction. :) Hueymack deathdwake! Dueymack Boat bandit! Loueymackt Storm Bill! Dwead deathlords of pond and marsh!

The actual article wasn't about hero durultz at all, but a major downer about Malia and bird flu. Still the cover bwought a liddle tear to my eye. And a smile to my dial.

It's now on my wall.

Cheers

Quackbeth, err John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes

Questlines: http://mythologic.info/questlines/

>From tulas harsh-stripped

            streamed the strong called to battle, Spears each held ready, shield-clash they sought. Fyrd-fierce and fearless, from hearth called and harstings Fashioned they feasting for Humakt's dark-swans.

My kinsmen, my comrades, they budged not in battle Brought courage to combat, feat-strong and fierce. Like berries in harvest, bright red their bounty they made shame of armies, caused red moon to flee.

-KallyrKarla: The Song of the Betrayed.