Re: Hero Points

From: wansuperyo <manuel.martin.ruiz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:36:12 -0000

> However, with too many now,
> there's another problem with an embarassment of riches. So I'm going
to pare
> back slightly until, hopefully, I find a sweetspot that seems to
affect most
> players such that they feel that the HP are valuable, but that they
can
> spend them either way when the feel like it. I hope that sweetspot
exists.

> Mike

Hmm, if you give too many HPs maybe you should make rules of your house to drop skills and/or relationships from time to time, and apply them harshly on "cementing" guys or maybe on overspecialized skills never used... The rich merchant loses part of his wealth because of a wandering eurmali joke (-3), the strong warrior loses his contact with the neighbour clan (-5), the Helamakt devotee loses part of his Storm affinity on the draught (-1)... wounds and age should be reflected somehow on the game too. And there should be a chance to "fall from greatness".