Re: Re: Hero Points

From: Norbert Franz <norbert.franz1_at_...>
Date: 03 May 2005 14:39 GMT

"Mark Galeotti" <mark_at_...> wrote:
> Here's an associated question I'd like to throw out to
> everyone. How far do people play in and run campaigns
> which are at least *meant* to be long-term -- which I
> will arbitrarily say means over a year's play --
> -- or are they considered short-term campaigns, if
> that's not too much of a tautology?
>
> All the best

Hello Mark,

in my case, that is anything but certain. I was going to start an all-new HeroQuest game (not necessarily a campaign), with new players on May 15th. The group is small and went through various changes recently. Right now, it's a group of four players - not counting myself as Narrator - and two out of those four are new players to me, and have never played HeroQuest before.
One person can't make it on May 15th, so we are in fact starting a little bit earlier than that, and I have to have the game ready by Thursday this week.

How far we are going to get and how much they are going to be interested in playing long-term depends entirely on my job as a Narrator, and also on my overall real-life job situation.

Ideally, though, I would aim at roughly a year's worth of playing. After all, I think that HQ lends itself to extended saga-style play more than other RPGs. (But I've never played a continuous saga with the same cast that really felt like a saga.)