Re: Duration of Campaigns

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 12:49:02 -0000

Red Cow has been going for about 6 months, played fortnightly. I find that fequency easier to sustain. Short games or one-offs run on the 'alternate' week.

The plan would be to take the game through the struggles against the maboder and Telmori (1604-7). That's my starting ambition.

If folks wanted to go forward from there then we might forward the timeline to Starbrow's rebellion and then the Hero Wars. But for now I just want to capture people's attention for the first four years of game time.

I would like to get through that in about 12-18 months of play (say about 35 sessions). Although the first 6 months has only got us into early 1605 I think we are on track. Early 'establishing' play needs more time and from here the time will jump forward more rapidly between 'events'.

BTW I'd expect to hand out hero points about once very three sessions and hand out about 5 a time so say 55HP between start and finish, excluding saga increases.