Re: Flaw or not? (was Raiding for Hostages)

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 14:34:17 -0000

> I'm not a HQ guru and not particularly experienced but I am
opinionated. As far as I'm concerned all abilities can be flaws (and vice versa) depending upon context. So 'Disrespectful of Authority' would act as an ability (ie a positive thing) whenever the PC was trying to, ummm.... defy authority and it would act as a flaw whenever the PC was trying to suck up to authority - eg. persuade the clan thanes to grant a boon or provide support or whatever.

In the case described by David, "Disrespectful of Authority" was being used to defy an authority figure - an Ernalda Priestess from another clan and tribe. It has been a negative augment when trying to get support from authority figures.

Jeff