Re: Life in Esvular 1621 S.T.

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 01:14:50 -0400

Hi Norbert

On 10 May 2005 at 12:31, Norbert Franz wrote:

> All right. I just thought the only title he could claim
> was "King of Esvular."
> No problem... the game hasn't started, yet, and when it
> does, the player-characters won't immediately get a chance
> to meet Bandal in person.

The way I have it in my game (which is actually in 1619), Bandal allies with the Lunars to get his throne. Hey claims King of Heortland, and does his best to unify all of Heortland with an even stronger Aeolian presence, all nobles and important people running cities become Aeolian, even moreso than before, and further north than before.

But that's just my game. It seems there is little canonical about the time except that Bandal was King.

> Does it also comprise the faith of the Provincial Dara Happan sun-worshippers then?

I think this was explained. IMG, I'm thinking Bandal cuts a deal with Fazzur to get himself on the throne. This means an Aeolian push politically, but it's matched by Lunar movement to establish the Church there. The Rokari, at least, are in bad shape politically because of Rikard. I'm having the Cerise church (or some equivalent Lunar veneration) move in, due to the monotheistic bent of the ruling Esvulari. Possibly the Carmanians are interested. The Dara Happans could come down, intrigued by the strongly solar elements of the Order of St Elhim, but unless it comes up in my game, I'm probbly not going to decide that.

Just trying to throw out some suggestions. It's pretty wide open canonically, so I would say just go with whatever you think will make your players happy.

LC