Re: Orlanth cares

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 07:31:18 -0800

At 06:22 PM 1/28/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>"Some people discussing this have confused political action with religious
>action. Orlanth only cares about who you woship, not who you attack."
>
>Surely he at least cares if you attack kin, right?
Yes.

>Assuming so, how far does
>"kin" extend?

Your clan. Your clan is your kin (and you inlaws).

>I mean, I could see considering my fellow storm-worshipping
>Sartarite to be "kin", in a sense, at least compared to some invading Lunar,
>in which case wouldn't Orlanth care if you're a Lunar sympathizer?
I think the key here is your "in a sense." This is a very Lunar attitude and not an Orlanthi one. Sedenya tells us "We are all Us." Orlanth says "Your clan are your kin."

>In a clan raid situation, I could see saying "that clan is not our (close)
>kin", justifying being able to attack them without kinstrife, but that clan
>IS kin when it comes to picking sides between them and the Lunars, isn't it?
>They're Heortlings too.

Not close enough to keep me from killing them, and not close enough to beforced to help them.

>Hardly seems to matter, though, as both sides are just uz-food anyway.
>Does eating a storm worshipper make an uz gassy?
It might just give them airs...

Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>