Subject: Sartar the Brave - the authentic experience

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 07:00:05 +0100

> Yes, there was a sing-along at Tentacles. Of course. Totally
> disorganised, with no backing CD to keep us in tune, but it happened.
> What I didn't know was that my darling husband had convinced our
> digital camera to record sound. So over on the bit of my website
> dedicated to Songs, there is now a minute and a half of MP3. "Sartar
> the Brave", the authentic drunken Orlanthi warband experience. Enjoy.
>
> http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/songs/song_sartbrav.cfm

Note for your lyrics -- where you have "High may your *proud* banners gloriously wave", we are singing "your *wyrmish* banners". That was a deliberate tie (by me) to "The Wyrm-Tangled Banner", which also appears in the Songbook.

Rob's right, too, of course. The Songbook we used at the Singalong, and more songs besides, are available (circumstances permitting), at:

http://www.etyries.com/songbook/

And I heartily recommend the rest of Jane's collection (accessible via the link above, and linked from my songbook page too).

Cheers, Nick