RE: Re: Sartar the Brave - the authentic experience

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:18:43 +0100

> Yes, the sing-a-long-a-Brookie was definitely one of my
> highlights! Of
> course we have to sing the scum sucking Lunar songs, but some of them
> are masterpieces so I for one sang them with as much gusto as the
> rousing Heortling songs.

Sadly, ths singalong being totally without preparation or warning, we missed some of the newer good ones. "Tear down Whitewall" is not yet in the Songbook, and nor is the answer "Men of Whitewall", though we sang both at Continuum. And then of course there's "Cold Wind over Sartar" - a bit more complicated, but with the help of a backing CD, well worth the effort.

My own songs page is full of Heortling (er, Scottish and Welsh) songs, plus some Sun County ones, but for some reason Nick never puts them in the Songbook :(

http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/songs.cfm