Got Louis Cha's first novel - The Book and the Sword

From: Norbert Franz <norbert.franz1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 18:20:08 -0000

Hello all,

just wanted to let you know that today I got my parcel with the hardbound edition of the first novel by Louis Cha (Jin Yong), the late
Chinese publisher and novelist. I'd had to look hard for the English translation of this, especially since I was convinced I'd have to look
up his stuff under "Jin Yong" or "Chin Yung," until somebody - a fellow
roleplayer - informed me that his pen-name in the West was "Louis Cha."

So, now I have a copy of the book "The Book and the Sword," which I'd been interested in for some time. People have described this as a kind
of Lord of the Rings meets the Arabian Nights with kung-fu. I hope this book will help inspire me for a few planned adventures set
in Teshnos and Kralorela, respectively.

Cheers,
Norbert