RE: Re: Larnsti Brotherhood

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:47:34 +0100

> really? This is good stuff, but alas too late for my game!!

Like so much good stuff coming out these days :(

> Unfortunately my reading is fairly narrow, Glorantha, Malory and
> Tolkein so I was basing my stuff on what I thought were the western
> influences in that area. Also High-King and Pendragon meaning High-
> King, I guess I was thinking about what I thought Greg meant.

Connecting Greg's thinking with Pendragon? Can't imagine how anyone could do that :)

Personally when someone mentions a High King called Brian (even if he does get his spelling changed later) I immediately think of Brian Boru, High King of Ireland, and the only guy ever to unite the place. Last heard of still beating Vikings/Wolf Pirates at the age of 80 or so - but unfortunately some nasty cheating scum decided to ignore the main battle and ambush the command tent. Oops. Er, does anyone recognise a few bits of plot that might have been scattered throughout KoS and assigned to other characters here?

Of course, I may be biased by the fact the the world's easiest and most popular tune for beginner harpers is "Brian Boru's March", a lament for his death.