Re: Re: Larnsti Brotherhood

From: Scott Rogers <amaretto_sirloin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 05:32:16 -0700 (PDT)

By "not lierate", do you mean that it is not a collective dialect? Or just that they can't talk?

Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:> Is Brian of the Volsaxi not King Bryon?

Yes.

> And at what
> point does the spelling change and why?

Between RQ and HW, I think. I have no idea why. Just to make the name seem more "foreign", perhaps? After all, while "Brian" is a perfectly good Celtic name, it's also still quite common today, so it has a feel rather like having Vingans called Sharon and Tracey.

> Is one a heortling dialect and one Dara Happan?

Since the Heortling culture is not a literate one, that's probably not a meaningful question. Pronounciation is the same.

Jane Williams