RE: Dara Happan extents

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:08:27 +1300

Gareth Martin

>Is there iany information about the extent of Dara Happan civilisation?

The best indication is the map in the Genertela Book p37 which shows Dara Happa as straddling the Oslir valley from Elz Ast (where the Oslir enters the White Sea) in the north right down to just north of Jillaro (on the same latitude as the elf sea and the southern end of the Yolp Mountains). There are quite a few Dara Happan towns and cities scattered beyond this border (Ulifas in Darjiin being an example) - this is encouraged by the Lunars for Dara Happan cities are the best run cities in the Empire.

>Any
>indication of how many Dara Happan cities are extant at the moment, or any
>population estimates?

The Player's Book Genertela claims that of the Empire's teeming ten millions, just only four million come from a Dara Happan background. I should point out that most of the people from this background are not Dara Happans themselves but happen to come from a city that was run by Dara Happans.

As for Dara Happan cities: Alkoth, Darleep, Elz Ast, Raibanth, Red Fish (despite the founder's best intentions), Ulifas and Yuthuppa are the best known.

--Peter Metcalfe