RE: Kings of Heortland

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:36:04 -0400

Well, if the name need be changed, fine. As for the story, I far prefer the "failed HQ" approach to his death. If the details are Gregged, fine, but it is too interesting an idea to just drop. Here is a chance for this person to keep the Holy Country together. He's a patriot even.

And hell, why not link it with the Scorpion Men if you want? Maybe part of the Pharaoh's quest involved some kind of ritual battle with the Scorpion Men or a Queen. So in failing that part, he provides the magical boost for the Scorpion Men eruption. The health of the land is connected to the health of the king, and all that.

No one in my game has asked yet, but that might be my answer until something canonical comes out.

(Personally, I would love to see some detail on life in Heortland and the Heortland cities come out. The fact that it is effectively blank except for the northern hill tribes is extremely annoying.)

LC