Re: Dragon Pass and Heortland

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:49:59 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,

Well Heortland is not as blank as it used to be. A fair amount of detail about the (admittedly northern) part of the kingdom appears in Dragon Pass. Where possible we tried to avoid unecessarily contradicting fan material.

>From that experience I would comment that useful
snippets on Heortland are also scattered everywhere from G:ItoHW to the descriptions of where you came from in Orlanth is Dead, which describe the regions of Sartar, and Thunder Rebels.

Personally I do not feel that Heortland is different enough from Dragon Pass that I would rather see II produce books on that it over the Lunar Empire (surely one of the most original areas of Glorantha) or even further afield. The same is true for Esrolia, the Grazelands, or Black Horse County.

Perhaps we should not mourn this but celebrate the YGWV creativity that has resulted.

However, if Jeff and Greg can produce some material to clear up some of the character and history of the place, I say 'bring it on'.