Re: Don't blame the Lunars!

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 14:16:11 +1200

At 05:39 PM 6/6/2005 +0100, you wrote:

>Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> writes:

> >If the Lunars can reach as far as Ditaliland when the Pharaoh was
> >alive, have the proven capacity to release monsters from the Print
> >later on as well as the motive, then the preponderance of evidence
> >indicates they were responsible for the 1617 plague.

>So we have three recorded instances of chaos monsters emerging from
>the Print, and two of them are caused by the Lunars? Doesn't mean
>they had to be to blame for the first time.

So the Lunars were crawling in and around the Holy Country for over ten years, looking for nifty things to do and they _didn't_ stumble upon possibilities of the Print?

More importantly Tatius is only in control of Heortland for four years and during much of that time, he has other things on his mind (building the Lunar Temple, suppression of Whitewall etc). I don't think he has the spare resources to learn how to unlock the Print by himself or even with the units under his command.

Given that other Lunars (such as and the Ditali agitators) were extensively investigating ways to destabilize the Holy Country before the Pharaoh's death, it seems to me that the Print was more of a late-blooming project by a Lunar faction that was overshadowed by JarEel's success.

--Peter Metcalfe