Re: Orlanthi warbands

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:51:00 -0000

> Thanks for all the information, I am circulating it amongst my
fellow
> Greydogs now... ;-)

Somewhere I have similar figures on the Grey Dogs. They are quite a bit smaller than the Orlmarthing (c. 600 people) and are much more dependent on tribal support and on the heroic efforts of Cornard Deathdealer to intimidate the Woodpeckers. Here are some of my Greydog notes (from c. 1615):

The total population of the Greydog clan is 600 men, women and children.
Weaponthanes – 7 (Cornard Deathdealer and the Chieftain's six huscarls)
Huscarls – 10

Clan Champion – Cornard Deathdealer (Four Storms – Aelfrec the Ruddy, Bron Spearsister, Orlgarth Sidesplitter, Korlmar Osgosi)

Clan Warband – 50 (led by Cornard Deathdealer) Clan Fyrd – 120

Greydog Bloodlines and Steads (Approximate numbers): Longbrewers: 140 (Greydog Inn (10), Greydog Village (130) Osgosi: 225 (Frohdi Stead - 75, Jorendi Stead - 50, Primrose Stead - 50, Hill Stead -50)
Hodirsons: 160 (Snorri's Stead -50, Vale Stead -60, Tallstone -25, High Stead -25)
Gorin: 75 (Thane Stead)

Enjoy!

Jeff