Re: Those Ker-razy Romans (Was Re: Larnsti Brotherhood)

From: donald_at_...
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:20:06 GMT

In message <20050610135526.54951.qmail_at_...> Scott Rogers writes:

>I realise this, and concur completely, the question is of battle
>magics available to members of the Band.Eg: Fyrdsmen fighting
>alongside the Thanes would contain worshippers of Barntar,
>Hedkoranth and humakt as well as Orlanth no? The battle magics
>of the Fyrdsmen would not necessarily be fighting magic. That's
>all I meant.....

The big weakness of the Heortling system is that there is little or no co-ordination of magic or even styles of combat. Apart from inventive use of particular feats most of the fyrd will have little or no combat magic. Which is one of the reasons they don't fight unless they have to.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/