RE: Those Ker-razy Romans (Was Re: Larnsti Brotherhood)

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 02:23:02 GMT

In message <20050610203120.66192.qmail_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>That's exceptional for two reasons - one is Kallyr's
>personal "pull", the other is Vingans and others who
>want to fight the Lunars a lot more than their own
>clan is willing to tolerate. So they go and do so
>elsewhere. I'm sure other tribes than the Kheldon do
>the same sort of thing, it's just that they have a
>less obvious focus, or a focus who's less obviously
>specific to that tribe.

I think having part of a clan warband going off to fight with limited support from the clan (if you've got to fight do it somewhere else) is quite common. Certainly since the Lunar invasion. However they will normally follow a leader chosen from the clan who in turn follows someone like Kallyr or Broyan. What is unusual is that Kallyr seems to have separated out the Vingans from all the Kheldon clans, possibly some from other tribes, into a single group with it's own leaders. The logical conclusion would be to have separate groups of Uroxi, Vangarthi, Yinkini etc but I don't think she's managed that. It could be the way Argrath organises things and Kallyr gave him the idea.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/