RE: Re: Winter Animist Practice or Tradition

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:03:07 +1200

At 08:17 AM 6/16/2005 +0100, you wrote:

> > >So this White Princess is not in fact Inora, despite looking
> > just like her?

> > Inora is the White Princess and has never been described as a God
> > in HQ terms.
>
>??
>
>Never?
>
>That's going to make any Hill of Gold HQ interesting....

The Hill of Gold isn't on the God-Plane but in the Great Darkness.

>And what was going on in that Inora-based game at Tentacles?

I don't know. What was going on?

> > Every spirit that is mentioned in Nomad Gods.

>Which AFAIK is a board game that's been OOP for some time, so that response,
>while no doubt accurate, isn't what one might call useful.

How isn't it useful?

>I assume from context that it includes Inora. What other "major" spirits
>that many of us would normally regard as gods are in there?

None. In Pavis and Big Rubble p60, a clear distinction is made between the nomadic worship through Shamans and the Rune Gods from Dragon Pass in the context of the Pol Joni.

>Sword Man, for
>instance?

Sword Man has been described as misapplied worship of Humakt in MoLaD. He is not a Spirit that appears in Nomad Gods.

--Peter Metcalfe