Re: Re: Winter Animist Practice or Tradition

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:13:08 -0700 (PDT)

        Yeah, it was a hell of a ride!

> > Inora is the goddess of the sheltering snows, who
helps preserve the life of the land from her father Valind's cruel cold.

> I like this view very much. That is certainly how I
intend to portray her in our game.

        Glad to hear that this appeals to you. She certainly was showing a rougher side in our game!

        This kinder image of her came up in the Gloranthan Cookery group, initially. Living in Ottawa, Canada (-30C at some point every winter) and having a garden, means praying that when the real cold comes, all your small plants are well covered. A quick, early -20 cold snap (before the real snow) took out plants I'd had for years through colder weather. Shrubs and trees... well, they have to be hardy.

Alison

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone. http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail