Re: Alien Worlds and Great Darkness

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:05:34 -0700

> > In HeroQuest game terms, a character in an Alien Otherworld like the
> > Great Darkness is at -20 in all his abilities. ...
>
> ISTR it being mentioned recently that the rules on Alien Otherworld
> Modifiers have changed between HW and HQ in some way: they've effectively
> vanished, or something, unless you're doing a full God Plane HQ (which a
new
> initiate probably isn't). I may well have misunderstood this, though.

There still there, on the appropriate God/Spirit/Essence planes, but *most* HQs take place on the hero Plane, which is just as mixed as the "real" world. Only if you decide that you're buff enuff and ake it to the next level do you need to worry about Alien Worlds and all that. The penalty doesn't occur to most people.

RR
- Richelieu