RE: Re: Winter Animist Practice or Tradition

From: David P. Summers <dsummers_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:22:08 -0700

I've been trying to follow this since I play a shamanistic character in a Lunar campaign (and, as such, I try and figure out how they relate to the theistic Lunars all around).

Now I had figured that it was a matter of scale and approach. Gods are seperated from spirits by power level and thesitic worships accept gods in a master/servant kind of relationshihp while shamanic practitioners deal with spirits more as equals. So, to a shaman, a god is a really big spirit that ones deals with as one would any powerful entitity.

But here people seem to be saying you can worship spirits as spirits and gods as gods and they are entirely different. (What is "miss-applied worship", anyway?) But what is the difference?

--
David P. Summers, SETI Institute
Mail Stop 239-4

650-604-6206 (office)