Local phenomena (was Re: Taking out Hon-Eel (and gods' identities))

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:45:20 -0000

> It's probably safe to assume that just about everything in Glorantha
> is a local phenomenon. Even things like "does Vinga have red hair?"
> is local-ish

The one that has always tickled me in our Sartar campaign is the dog-loving Greydog clan of the Lismelder tribe, right next door to the alynx-loving Orlmarthing of the Colymar. So all the _Thunder Rebels_ stuff about Yinkin the alynx god being the quintessentially loyal companion of Orlanth goes right out the window in the space of a few kilometers.

Rob