Re: Re: Winter Animist Practice or Tradition

From: David P. Summers <dsummers_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:47:57 -0700

At 8:52 PM -0700 6/21/05, Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:
> > I've been trying to follow this since I play a shamanistic character
>> in a Lunar campaign (and, as such, I try and figure out how they
>> relate to the theistic Lunars all around).
>
>Well, you'll discover that the Lunars aren't really thesitic at all when
>ILH2 comes out...

Well, in our campaign they currently are. I will worry about ILH2 when our group starts using it...

[snip]

>Shamans tend to make bargains with the lesser spirits of the tradition they
>are in - rather than getting Oakfed into your fetish, you get a subsidiary
>spirit. That is why they look like they are bargaining with roughly equal
>beings.

Maybe I'm missing a book that say this stuff, but why do Shaman engage in estatic worship if they get their magic through bargains with lesser spirits? After all, isn't one point of worship of a god is to get spells from them?

--
David P. Summers, SETI Institute
Mail Stop 239-4

650-604-6206 (office)