Re: A Good Cop

From: Madeleine Eid <eid_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:30:32 +0100

A more classical example is the vigeles of Ancient Rome. Originally just a night-time fire fighting force, the detection and apprehension of criminals became part of their duties. Various of the Falco novels deal with the vigeles - Three Hands in the Fountain & Time to Depart are probably the best in that regard.

TTFN Maddy E