Re: Jar-Eel's cult

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 02:49:21 -0000

In my opinion, just having a skill level of 10W3 does not make a Hero (or 10W4 a Super-Hero). It is just one of the prequalifications  required to become a Hero (and I suspect that there are cases where this requirement can be suspended * ).

A Hero must have followers that recognise their pre-eminence in the Hero's particular domain and the followers must have a relationship close to worship of the Hero. If a potter has a skill level of 15W4 and all he wants is to be left alone to make his pots, he is unlikely to be come a Hero, never mind a Super-Hero.

Furthermore (again in my opinion), it is not good enough just to have a very narrow skill at that 10W3 level. I think that the skill must be fairly broad and/or supported by several skills at the 10W2+ level.

Finally, a Hero must facilitate (or precipitate) some change in the world on behalf of their community.

I am sure that there is more to becoming a Hero than just meeting these 3 requirements but I can't think of anything else right now.

regards,
Charles