Re: Jar-Eel's cult

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 04:51:16 -0000

> First, you gotta apotheosize, and very few
> people actually do make the leap from
> mortal to immortal. But once you dom the
> general guidelines above are good for a
> rule of thumb.

> I'm certainly *not* sayng that all W3's and
> above *will* become an immortal, just that
> *if* they do, their ability level will tend
> to determine what level of immortal they'll
> become.

I think that we are talking at cross purposes here. My understanding is that there are Gloranthans that are considered Heroes (plus Harrek the Super-Hero and even Ralzakark the demi-god) that have not yet apotheosized.

My understanding is that when a Hero apotheosizes, they leave the "mundane" world and enter their chosen otherworld. For example, like Sartar did, when he walked into his flame. After that they rarely, if ever, manifest as themselves in the mundane world.

What I am getting at are those that qualify as Heroes that have not yet (or will not) taken the next step. And, even if they do attempt the next stage, there is no guarantee that they will succeed.

regards,
Charles