Re: Beat-Pot Aelwrin's revolt

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 04:20:59 -0000

> >What's this from?
>
> Excised material from glorantha: intro that was later published in
> the Raider's Digest (p5).
>
> http://www.glorantha.com/tribes/tRD1.pdf

Neat stuff, but certainly nothing official. It would probably have been far more diplomatic to have said something like "FWIW, I've dated Aelwrin's revolt to 1610 because [give some reasons]" rather than just say "no, that's not right".

> The Iron Boots motif appears in various places in KoS so I made
> a unit out of that and placed it in Rone to explain why the story
> is known along the River of Cradles.

Again sounds very cool. I for one tend to want to keep the Rone rebellion separate from Aelwrin's revolt (for the simple reason that there ought to be plenty of little revolts in an empire the size of the Lunars), but I can certainly see linking the two.

Diplomatically -

Jeff