RE: Immortals vs. 'Heroes'

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:03:33 GMT

In message <20050703125454.RJFP14072.aamta12-winn.ispmail.ntl.com_at_homemaster> "Jane Williams" writes:

>How does the number of followers affect any of this? AFAIK "community
>support" only applies to HQs. So I'd say that it affects these "Heroes"'
>ability to do stuff on other planes, and it therefore affects the sort of
>abilities they can gain by HQing. But while on the mundane, they've got what
>they've got, and having thousands of followers doesn't affect their own
>abilities as such. Yes, having an army to back you up can help in fights or
>in intimidation, but AFAIK only in the same way as it does for anyone else.
>The difference is one of scale, not of type.

I don't follow this logic. Why is getting community support of an army in a battle any different from getting community support for a HQ? Or getting the clan to back you in a legal case against another clan? There may be modifiers relating to the ability of the community to support a particular action - a Rufelzan demagogue backed by the Glamour mob can take over the city against the Emperor's guard but will lose out to a smart political operator.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/