Re: Re: How's the Holy Country holding up?

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 23:40:52 -0400

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 18:20 +0000, pmaclanderson wrote:
> And there should be famine in Esrolia in 1617 or 1618, now that the
> Husband-Protector's blood is not watering the land. (This *compels*
> political unrest, since declaring any other HP than Pharaoh is
> rebellion against whatever remains of his government.)

Excellent point.

> The true Pharaonic phlunkies, as opposed to those who accept him as
> Lord of their Sixth in whatever the traditional role is (High King in
> Heortland, etc.) should mostly have been in the City of Wonder; which
> is hungry now that the traditional royal tributes are beoming irregular.

I think there were true Pharonic Phlunkies in all the major cities in the Holy Country. But yes, a large bunch would have been in the City of Wonders

> Carse, which is in some sense between Sixths, would be another place.

IMG, Karse is a Barony beholden only to the Pharaoh. It isn't part of Heortland, it swears directly to him. I also have Porthomeka in the same position. Thus they were centres of Pharonic revivalism in the years between his death and the Lunar invasion. All the places that were "between Sixths" were more directly pro-Pharaoh.

LC