Re: Wyter

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:51:40 -0000

Drat, I was sure I'd written up this theory ages ago. Looks like I never put it on my site. And I don't have the books in work.

(Yes, I did: sort of. At the start of the Secret History of Sun County, of all places. Only the conclusions, not the evidence, though.)
http://www.williams.nildram.co.uk/gloranth/suncount/begin.htm

IIRC, Arnbord, son of Venharl, is of the Karandoli and "a man of the chief of this camp". So, presumably, sworn to a chieftain in Pavis, and probably a Pavis native.

The story of the Karandoli shows a lot of manipulation by Sartar. And if you read River of Cradles, or the Pavis box, the original "Badside" settlement outside the walls, long before Dorasar got there, was founded at almost exactly the right time to have been the Karandoli.

Looks to me like Sartar helped them travel through the Other Side to get there, and some may have holed up half-way in order to come back to their old home and raid their enemies. But I'd need to re-read KoS to be more definite.

Oh, and some old thoughts on Argrath's ancestry and so on can be found at:
http://www.williams.nildram.co.uk/gloranth/argrath/index.shtml (Last updated in 1998, so don't expect me to remember much about them.)