Re: Digest Number 265

From: Martin Dick <martin.dick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 12:29:56 +1100

> Martin Dick:
>
> >Sandy Petersen considers Sartar to be one of the two or three pacifist
> >superheroes to exist in Glorantha
>
> I don't recall Sandy ever saying that Sartar was a Superhero. A
> pacifist hero, perhaps, but Sartar isn't the same calibre as JarEel
> or Harrek.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

It was in a conversation with Sandy at Gloranthacon DownUnder in 98, so my recollection might be a bit off, but I commented to Sandy, that Glorantha was dominated by martial Superheroes such as Harmast, Arkat, Harrek, Jar-eel, Sheng Seleris and there didn't seem to be much emphasis on the peacemakers and were there equivalents to these.

His reply was firstly there was Sartar and secondly a female character from Pamaltela who he definitely called a SuperHero who went about a made peace between four warring groups by giving all of them what they want and that the peace had remained from then on. For the life of me I can't remember her name.

To the best of my memory, he definitely equated Sartar and this other woman with Harrek and co. To my mind, Sartar's accomplishments definitely put him up there with anything Harrek achieves, different spheres but comparable.

Martin