Re: Goddess Glorantha

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:21:41 GMT

In message <20050710235129.F5A8.YELMALIO_at_...-net.ne.jp> Kakegawa writes:
>Hello guys,
>
>I have a question. IIRC, there is no well known and actual myth about
>Goddess Glorantha, the Goddess of the Universe.
>(Orlanthi doen't know her, Yelmite too, Westerners and Easterners,
>Pmaltelan also, etc. Lunars know her?)
>
>Whether does this Goddess have origin, and why this world grant Glorantha
>for the name?

Ernaldan's claim that Glorantha was created by Maran Gor during the Green Age (Thunder Rebels pg. 60). I suspect other religions have different creation myths but I don't know of any that worship her as a goddess.

>From a game point of view I'd regard Glorantha as one of those
incomprehensible beings that no PC understands or worships.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/