Re: Re: 1 2 3 Testing

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 01:38:32 -0700

> > Hereabouts,
> > 95-100 is normal; 100+ exceptional but happens at least a
> > couple weeks out of the year.
>
> And having looked up what that means in real money (35-38) - move to
> somewhere habitable, then! Temperatures in excess of the human body are a
> BAD idea.

My wife agrees with you, but we pretty much sank all our savigs into this house...

I actually like the hot climate - 105+ with 60% humidity (not 30 as I said previously) is bad - the 1/4 mile trek uphill to visit my mom is bearable because of a nice glass or two of chilled wine after, but I keep the house at 80 (26) in the summer. The cooler kicks in at 82 (27).

> And like Mike (I think?) said - if you're cold, you can put more clothes
on.
> If you're too hot...?
>
> Move.

Nah, head down to the river and soak. Nice cool water, direct from the snow pack ~25-30 miles away. Cold, even. The dogs enjoy it, too. Igf I could just keep the grey one from rolling in the dry stickers...

> Dragon Pass summers, 20-24 or thereabouts? Yes, top end is hot if you're
> trying to do physical work, and in that culture, they will be. Peak at 35
is
> WAY too hot to do anything.

Tell that to the roofers and other construction people around here...

It all depends on what you're used to, of course. I grew up in this climate, my wife grew up on the coast, which has a temperature range more like DP. (That makes me more Praxian than she is, I suppose).

RR
- Richelieu