Re: Fohn

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:31:25 -0700 (PDT)

        There's a f�hn wind over the Rockies that we call a chinook (local word), named for one of the local tribes. Forget 20C change overnight, think 30C in half an hour!

        Amusingly, it can mean a warm, wet wind on the west side of the Rockies, and a hot, dry wind east of the Rockies. Same air mass, two different feels.

        And yes, I think that Vinga the Defender Storm should do it. How about this? Vinga is away from the stead on patrol up in the hills, realises that there's trouble back home. She runs down the hill so quickly that the snow is melted by the speed of her passage. Pretty much covers it, but we need some
time/place/enemy to flesh it out.

Alison

Do You Yahoo!?