Challenging PCs in combat

From: Tony Davis <gallows_brother_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:42:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hey,

So I've got this big party of PCs all with one-mastery hihgest abilities (some of them are in the high one mastery range.) Only three or four of them are main combatant people. But they can cobble together so many augments that it makes it hard to find creatures to challenge them. I can toss large lunar patrols and Uz raiding parties, broo and scorpion people at them but I'd also love to have some groups (or even single) high-challenge creatures that they would all have to fight together.

These folks are (mostly) Volsaxi heading towards Enfrewstead and on to Karse. Any suggestions as to bigger monsters that they'd have a harder time dealing with? Or even big non-combat extended challenges inherent to the area?

In a more general sense, what's the general difference between a one mastery combatant and a two mastery combatant? is it as simple as 2 W1 folks equal 1 W2 person, or is it more um... geometric?

tony

Do You Yahoo!?