RE: Challenging PCs in combat

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:09:50 +0100

> So I've got this big party of PCs all with one-mastery
> hihgest abilities (some of them are in the high one
> mastery range.) Only three or four of them are main
> combatant people. But they can cobble together so
> many augments that it makes it hard to find creatures
> to challenge them.

The way I work this is that what's sauce for the goose works fine on the gander. Your PCS have five augments? Fine. So does the opposition. Design your NPCs in a bit more loving detail. Take a look at their keywords, see what abilities they should have built into them. Pretend they're PCs too, see what abilities they'd be using if they were run by your players. Just because they're been written down in short-hand doesn't mean the abilities aren't there.