Re: Challenging PCs in combat

From: Stephen Rennell <steve_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:39:29 +1200

Tony Davis wrote:
> In a more general sense, what's the general difference
> between a one mastery combatant and a two mastery
> combatant? is it as simple as 2 W1 folks equal 1 W2
> person, or is it more um... geometric?

I think the rules suggest that it's about 5 to one, and experience would suggest that's about right. If you include heropoints then it can get even higher. (Effectively, having heropoints to spend seems to make about another mastery of difference).

Judicious use of Heropoints has allowed my party to wipe out heavy opposition in a couple of rounds. Generally they bid big, and if they get a success, and the other side gets a failure, they boost to a critical which does transfers. I guess they're mostly reckless young orlanthi.

But oh the looks on their faces the first time they ran into an NPC with hero points...

Stephen

--
Stephen Rennell 	steve_at_...
Wellington, New Zealand