RE: Eurmali

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:39:47 GMT

In message <20050724180113.SRSC19483.aamta09-winn.ispmail.ntl.com_at_homemaster> "Jane Williams" writes:

>> The balance is that Eurmal plays tricks on his disciples. I don't
>> think Eurmali make very good PCs unless the player is willing to
>> play for the story rather than to succeed.
>
>Which is what most HQ players are doing, isn't it? That's what the
>systems good at, almost what it's about.

Once they're got the hang of it, yes. I think a lot of players new to the system are looking for ways of winning. A narrator worrying about "balance" indicates that to my mind. Eurmali are the most blatent of the unbalanced characters but I suspect the same is true of some of the Lunar magicians.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/