Eurmali Plausible? (was Re: Eurmali)

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:30:53 -0000

Jane wrote:
> There's this strange tendency for parents to defend
> their
> children no matter how outrageously they behave.

Jeff:
> You'd be surprised how willing parents are to take extreme actions
> against children that have violated basic social mores -
especially if
> the culture explicitly permits such extreme actions.
>
> Jeff

This is absolutely true. Look at the behaviour of Chinese/ Arab/ African folk to their children/ children in general in relatively recent history (and in some cases still do). I think the general western populace is oblivious to the incredibly savage nature of some cultures.

I was reading this Afghan Womens page which was detailing the womens movement of Afghanistans struggle against the Warlords who routinely rape and murder women and young children. And these guys are supposed to be religious fanatics!!

Regards
Rob