RE: Eurmali Plausible? (was Re: Eurmali)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:00:46 +0100

Yes! Consider the case of the little ****s who live near me and think smashing other people's fences and throwing eggs at windows is funny. I think 240 volts would persuade them never to do it again. Their parents apparently think their little darlings can do no wrong.

> Certainly the families disown a trickster but that's important
> for legal liability and doesn't necessarily sever emotional
> bonds.

Exactly. A Humakti is legally dead, but you still feed him dinner.

> I'd compare it to the practice of wealthy families in
> the 19th Century locking up mad relatives in isolated rooms
> in their mansions. The family knows they are there but nobody
> talks about them especially in the presence of outsiders.

Nice comparison!