Re: HQ still doesn't make much sense was RE: [HeroQuest-RPG] Eurmali

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:21:54 -0400

On Mon, 2005-25-07 at 19:02 +0000, Rob wrote:
> > In this
> > system, it's better to be some guy who kinda worships
> > Orlanth and concentrates on his talents.
>
> It is generally accepted that feats granted by deities are of a
> higher power order than Heortling Talents.

And here is a question. Where does the system show this? Outside of ritual roles (and I'm not sure how that applies to Wizardry, to be honest), is there anything that separates the two? It does seem that concentrating in common magic lets you do just about anything you want to for cheaper than other approaches. Why take all those cult limitations?

> Also remember that Kallyr is an Initiate. So its not like your
> wrong is it?? I have a guy who is playing a solo game, and he is
> playtesting a concentrated common magic Orlanth Initiate. It will
> be interesting to see how that turns out.

Again, this confuses me. How is that possible? IF you concentrate your common magic, you can't be an Orlanth initiate. At least, you can't use affinities, right?

LC