Re: Re: Eurmali Plausible?

From: Tony Davis <gallows_brother_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:47:45 -0700 (PDT)

I think you guys are too hard on your tricksters. I think that there must be many tricksters who just aren't powerful enough to be that dangerous. Consider the proscribed roles... you couldn't even make a trickster do that if they were powerful enough to really be a danger to the community.

IMC, a trickster NPC scapegoat type that gets outlawed any time there's a problem in town has joined up with the party who were also outlawed, i mean 'asked to leave while there was trouble' and has tricked the 'dwarf who wants to be orlanthi' into agreeing to protect him. This is a little trickster bond for a little trickster. "Don't let them kick me and I'll do what you say."

I don't think that all tricksters are violent psychopaths. Some of them are just dumb crazy people.  Perhaps, when the chips are down, it comes down to the same thing, but many societies have integrated trickster/contrary/clown/outcastes without such violent results.

Don't trust a trickster, but as long as all they're doing is farting, belching, and souring the milk, it's no problem for a patient adventuring band.

In some ways, a hero band is the best place for an Eurmali, since you can keep moving after you've offended the Dishthane.

t.

> --- In HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com, Ian Cooper
> <ian_hammond_cooper_at_y...> wrote:
> > >Maybe the Cinsina do as well - better to ask Ian
> > Cooper >that.
> >
> > In Red Cow the Cinsina have no tricksters at this
> > time. They have driven them off or hung them as
> far
> > too dangerous.
>
> So orlanthi can kill their legally bounded eurmali
> without
> justification? And after a chieftain has ended his
> heroquesting he
> will kill his eurmali? Then bonding is no good for a
> trickster! he
> loses his freedom first and his life soon after...
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> HeroQuest-RPG-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Do You Yahoo!?