Re: Eurmali Plausible? (was Re: Eurmali)

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:29:18 GMT

In message <002501c59276$98d1a700$0200a8c0_at_andre1> "Osentalka" writes:

>I don=B4t agree with the "not so common".
>
>"Barbaraian Adventures" page 14:
>
>The Lightbringer Ring
>"Many Heortlings use the Lightbringer Ring, where each position
>corrosponds to one of the Lightbringers. The structure is less
>varied than the Traditional Ring, with only one position open to
>local interpretation."
>
>The Lightbringer Ring is used often, as i interpret the above
>text correctly, and it contains the position of an Eurmali.
>
>When the Traditional Ring is the most common, i see the Lightbringer
>Ring as second in that line. That makes it not uncommon at all.
>So there are a LOT of clans that use a Lightbringer Ring, and have
>therefore an Eurmali in their lines (hopefully bonded).
>
>Or is there a chance that somebody becomes temporaly an Eurmali
>only for the success of the Clan Ring?

There's a position for an Eurmali on the ring. I suspect it is often vacant even where there is a bonded Eurmali to fill it. If needed for ritual purposes the clan may use a child to fill the place.

With all these rings I think there's a lot of substitution anyway. The Lightbringer Ring also requires a Chalana Arroy worshipper which many clans don't have. Substuting an Ernaldan healer will be common.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/