Re: HQ still doesn't make much sense was RE: [HeroQuest-RPG] Eurmali

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:35:35 -0400

On Wed, 2005-27-07 at 05:57 +0000, Rob wrote:

> Well, in game those restrictions don't crop up in play.

The religious restrictions don't crop up in your game? They would in mine.

> Remember
> that as a Devotee you can increase the feats by 1 for 1
> individually. Also, when you spend 3/6 points to increase an
> affinity, you are increasing 5-8 feats on avergae, so a better deal.

OK, that's not a bad argument there.

> With regards to power, I was thinking at the ability to teleport/
> run up cliffs/ heal relationships/Decapitate Foe and all those kinds
> of things. Talents tend to be things like light fire/ hide in
> cover/ climb tree/ clean stove or whatever.

Or, as I mentioned: Destroy Chaos, Destroy Godling, Bash Essence Creature, Banish Ghost, Destroy Enemy Gods, etc.

> Really? Consults p.108 of the HQ rulebook. You could be right.
> Hopefully Roderick Robertson (as game developer) could give us his
> ruling.

That's the whole point of concentration, right? You give up all the other magic in order to learn and use that single otherworld's magic more easily. Except for those Lanbril/Donadar exceptions. And the Lunar Exception.

LC