Re: Re: Challenging PCs in combat

From: Bill Sluss <w_n_sluss_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:17:37 -0700 (PDT)

True a lot of combat occurs during travelling, but one thing I like to do is surprise my PC's when they are setting up camp for the night or early morning when they are preping for travel. You know catch them off guard, makes for interesting surprises at times. And as a player, I like that type as well, reacting to a difficult situation can bring out the best in a group.

David Dunham <david_at_...> wrote:
Bill

>Brave, Tough, Strong! I'll give you at just about any time! But
>Alert, and Wearing Chainmail all the time. Does she ever go to the
>john? or Sleep? or Pray? or Bathe? I mean no matter who the
>character is you can't really wear armor, and be on guard 24/7

Obviously nobody wears armor all the time, but most of our combats happen when we are travelling.

And I would argue for Alert. Arguably there are modifiers some of the time, but you're either the sort of person who pays attention to your surroundings, or you're not.

--

David Dunham

Play station games Role playing games