Re: HQ still doesn't make much sense was RE: [HeroQuest-RPG]Eurmali

From: Roderick J & Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:54:55 -0700

Hopefully I managed to get Y!Groups to allow me to post from this account...

And *why* must I be name-summoned when I'm away?

>Or, as I mentioned: Destroy Chaos, Destroy Godling, Bash Essence
>Creature, Banish Ghost, Destroy Enemy Gods, etc.
>
>> Really? Consults p.108 of the HQ rulebook. You could be right.
>> Hopefully Roderick Robertson (as game developer) could give us his
>> ruling.

If you want to concentrate in Common Magic, those abilities allow you to take on the other Otherworld beings. (Actually being able to *destroy* a godling/daemon will depend on your ability rating, as normal. Try it with a mere 17 rating and see how far you get.) The names are mere Pomposity, with "Destroy", etc.

>That's the whole point of concentration, right? You give up all the
>other magic in order to learn and use that single otherworld's magic
>more easily. Except for those Lanbril/Donadar exceptions. And the
>Lunar
>Exception.

The Lunar exception isn't. "Lunar" is a fully-fledged Otherworld.

RR