Negative Hero Contest Outcomes

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:22:10 -0500

One of my favorite euphemisms is one used by some hospitals - Negative Patient Healthcare Outcome.

AKA Death. Here I'm talking about the other outcomes of defeats, however.

>From: "Silburn, Luke" <luke.silburn_at_...>
>Total defeat (or Major Defeat for a follower) can result in a permanent
>loss of whatever was staked on the contest.

IIRC, the text says - somewhat weakly, though explicitly - that any Major or Total Defeat (Minor for a follower, one would assume) may result in the narrator giving out a flaw to represent the long-term outcome of the consequence in question. In addition to the normal consequences. I think narrators miss this golden opportunity to give out scars, both physical and emotional.

Mike